Galasa is an open source project and is delivered using a continuous delivery model. There are instructions on getting started on this site.
0.18.0 - Release Highlights
- Various bug fixes
0.17.0 - Release Highlights
- The z/OS File Manager contains a breaking change in this release. The
void store(String content)and
String retrieve(String content)methods in
IZosUNIXFilehave been replaced with
void storeText(String content),
void storeBinary(byte content),
byte retrieveAsBinary()methods. This means that binary data is transferred as
Stringand now matches
IZosVSAMDataset. If you are using the store() or retrieve() methods, you should change these to
- The Galasa CLI is available for submitting and monitoring Galasa test runs.
- You can reset and delete automation runs in the Eclipse Galasa Runs view.
- You can search stored artifacts through the eclipse editor.
- Various bug fixes and enhancements.
- Documentation updates – Galasa CLI documentation and Galasa Hub page.
Various documentation enhancements.
0.16.0 - Release Highlights
- The 3270 Manager now supports different screen sizes and can respond to query partition with colour and highlight. It also supports
- A range of Managers now have IVT tests associated with them. The IVTs help with testing the Managers themselves and also provide examples of how the Managers can be used.
- Selenium Manager has been updated to squash some null pointer exception causing bugs.
- Galasa tests can now be built with either Maven or Gradle. A set of Gradle example tests for SimBank is available.
- Various bug fixes.
Documentation - updates to installing the Galasa plug-in, running the SimBank tests and viewing the test results.
0.15.0 - Release Highlights
- Galasa now runs in any Java release from version 8 onwards.
- The Galasa Eclipse plug-in now supports all levels of Eclipse from Photon onwards.
- Docker and Kubernetes provisioning implementations are available for the Selenium Manager. Additionally, a Selenium Grid can be used from Galasa. Local drivers are used in the same way as previous releases (with edited CPS configurations).
- The Find dialog box is now available in the Run Log view of the Eclipse Editor.
IManager.youAreRequired()method signature has a new field. If you have a Custom Manager, you must recompile your Manager with this modification for it to run in release 0.15.0.
AbstractManager.addDependentManager()method signature has a new field. If you have a Custom Manager, you must recompile your Manager with this modification for it to run in release 0.15.0.
- The Core Manager is always loaded for every test run.
- The Docker Manager now supports exposed ports.
- Increased test coverage delivered via IVTs and Integration testing
- Basic Java and Windows Managers have been added. These Managers will initially be used internally for testing Galasa itself.
- Various bug fixes
- Our internal Galasa build has moved to Gradle. No user impact is expected, but if you do find any problems whilst you’re using Galasa, you can raise an issue in the project management repository or post a question in our Galasa Slack workspace.
- The Maven Bundle Plugin that is used in the Galasa builds is now set to version
5.1.1for Java compatibility.
- The GPG key to sign Maven artifacts is set to
- Galasa is available for distribution as a zip file, which contains the Eclipse plugin, and necessary Maven artifacts and Docker images for local running. This allows customers who do not have access to Maven Central, Eclipse Marketplace or Docker Hub from their company network to use Galasa.
Documentation updates - Installing the Galasa Ecosystem on Kubernetes documentation plus various documentation enhancements.
0.14.0 - Release Highlights
- z/OS Console oeconsol Manager is now in Alpha, providing an implementation of the z/OS Console by using the z/OS UNIX oeconsol command.
- Enhanced Docker functionality, including volumes and custom start up configurations
- CPS restore from file functionality. Use the
--restorecpscommand-line parameter when initialising the framework to trigger the restore CPS functionality. Specify the file to restore from by using
--filein the KVP format
(<property>=<value>), with one new property per line.
@ContinueOnTestFailureannotation. Use the annotation in the test class or switch the same functionality on globally by using the CPS property
Documentation enhancements, including updates on Managers and writing test cases
0.13.0 - Release Highlights
- CEDA Manager is now in Alpha, providing CEDA 3270 interaction
- CEMT Manager is now in Alpha, providing CEMT 3270 interaction
Changes to the following CPS properties for z/OS MF:
zosmf.server.SERVERID.image=IMAGEID zosmf.server.SERVERID.https=true zosmf.server.SERVERID.port=443 zosmf.server.SERVERID.request.retry=3 zosmf.server.SERVERID.credentials=ZOS zosmf.sysplex.PLEXID.default.servers=SERVERID,SERVERID zosmf.image.IMAGEID.servers=SERVERID,SERVERID
If you have zOS/MF servers on each z/OS image, the following properties are the minimum that are required:
These settings assume a zOS/MF server on MV2D and the port overridden from
9999for all zOS/MF servers.
- Various bug fixes
Documentation enhancements, including updates to About and Ecosystem documentation
0.12.0 - Release Highlights
- z/OS Manager support for RSE - provides tests and Managers with access to RSE functions, and implementations of z/OS Batch and File Manager by using the RSE API.
- CPS Backup feature - enables CPS properties to be output to a plain-text file. Use
--backupcpsas a command-line option when running the galasa-boot jar alongside the file option
--fileto specify an output file for the properties.
- Various bug fixes
Updated documentation for RSA, Linux and Open Stack Managers
0.11.0 - Release Highlights
- Galasa Kubernetes operator is now in Alpha. The Kubernetes operator creates and maintains Galasa ecosystems by using Kubernetes, enabling Galasa tests to run in an automated environment or pipeline. See the ReadMe for more information.
- z/OS 3270 improvements and fixes, including support for NEGTSECURE ports and for z/VM (TN3270)
- Various bug fixes
Documentation updates - Galasa Ecosystem - overview, architecture and Docker operator installation guide, documentation improvements
0.10.0 - Release Highlights
- z/OS Program Manager is now in Alpha
- Docker Operator is now in Alpha. The Docker Operator creates Galasa ecosystems in Docker, enabling Galasa tests to run in an automated environment or pipeline. See the ReadMe for more information.
- Various bug fixes
Documentation updates - upgrading and z/OS Program Manager
0.9.0 - Release Highlights
- CECI Manager is now in Release
- HTTP Client Manager is now in Release
- Updates to the Visual Studio Code Galasa extension, including full support for local runs - search for Galasa in the extensions marketplace and check the ReadMe for prerequisites (essentially, Java 8 JDK, and only Java 8 JDK, plus a version of Maven that supports Java 8)
- Documentation updates - z/OS 3270 Manager and IP Network Manager
Landing page improvements
0.8.0 - Release Highlights
- NEW Improvements in Artifact Manager make streaming text content a single-step process
- NEW alpha version of a Visual Studio Code Galasa extension - search for Galasa in the extensions marketplace and check the ReadMe for prerequisites (essentially, Java 8 JDK, and only Java 8 JDK, plus a version of Maven that supports Java 8)
- 3270 Manager bug fixes and updates
- Message lines in the run log are now shorter
Documentation updates - HTTP Client Manager and the z/OS family of Managers
0.7.0 - Release Highlights
- NEW TSO Command SSH Manager (alpha) - securely issue TSO commands
- NEW UNIX Command SSH Manager (alpha) - securely issue UNIX commands
- CECI manager is now in Beta
- JMeter manager is now in Beta
- CICS CECI manager is now in Beta
Plus other enhancements and bug fixes
0.6.0 - Release HighlightsRelease date - 2020-04-01
- Selenium Manager (alpha) - enabling a test to run Selenium WebDrivers in order to drive Web Browsers during the test.
- JMeter Manager (alpha) - enabling a JMeter session to run inside a Docker Container.
Documentation update - how to start writing your own independent Galasa tests.
0.5.0 - Release HighlightsRelease date - 2020-03-09
- z/OS Batch Manager (beta) - enabling tests and Managers to submit, monitor and retrieve z/OS batch jobs.
- CICS CECI Manager (alpha) - providing CECI 3270 interaction - initially supporting containers and link programs.
- Ecosystem Manager (alpha) - enabling deployment of an entire Galasa ecosystem to Kubernetes to enable integration testing against Galasa.
- Docker Manager (release) - enabling containers to run on infrastructure Docker engines - either for testing directly or for assisting the testing process.
- Documentation update - how to start writing your own Simbank tests.
Documentation update - new SimBank z/OS Batch Manager tutorial available.
0.4.0 - Release HighlightsRelease date - 2020-02-12
- Docker Manager (beta) - enabling the provisioning of Docker Containers for tests to use.
- Kubernetes Manager (alpha) - enabling the provisioning of Kubernetes Namespaces.
- Galasa Ecosystem Manager (alpha) - enabling the provisioning of the entire Galasa Ecosystem in Kubernetes so you can run an integration devops pipeline.
- Elastic Logger Manager (alpha) - enabling test results to be exported to Elastic Search.
- Shared Environment (alpha) - enabling Managers to create a testing environment for multiple tests to use.
Documentation update - Manager reference pages are available.
0.3.0 - Release HighlightsRelease date - 2019-12-04
- Launch of website - providing alpha documentation and installing guide.
- Galasa:Simbank - implementing a sample banking application against which you can configure and run a set of provided tests.
z/OS Manager (beta) - providing tests and Managers with configuration information about z/OS images and Sysplexes.